This was passed on to me, with the request that it be posted.
Good News! The FCC is now specifically seeking comments regarding TVGuardian:We've been working hard for years on this chance for families, and now we need your help to see it through...As required by a new law signed by President Bush in December, the FCC wants comments from the public on whether tools such as TVGuardian should be required in a wide spectrum of video products, such as: TVs, DVD Players, Blu-Ray players, cable, satellite, computers, the Internet, cell phones, iPods/Mobile Video Players, Gaming Consoles (Xbox/PS3/Wii), DTV converter boxes, and DVRs.
How can you help? Please enter your comments to the FCC at the below link.Here are some points to keep in mind as you share your comments:
- Has TVGuardian technology made a difference in your life and the life of your children?
- Would you like to see it more widely available?
- The FCC specifically wants to know if the closed-captioning is accurate enough for the TVGuardian technology to be useful (please mention your experience).
(Note: This FCC action could also result in: 1) even better accuracy of the closed-captions TVGuardian uses to detect the foul language, and 2) closed-captions being required on all new DVD and Blu-Ray movies.)
- If you or your children are deaf or hard of hearing, please mention how TVGuardian benefits you.
- What if TVGuardian technology were not added to these devices and were no longer available at all?
(Note: TVGuardian could soon be obsolete if these businesses, or the government, do not take action to build it into these products. A TVGuardian stand-alone unit will not work with HD. For HD, TVGuardian needs to be built into the cable/satellite box and/or TV to work.)
- If you or your children watch TV or movies over the Internet, on a computer, on an iPod, or on a cell phone, please mention how TVGuardian technology would help.
- Would you be willing to pay a few dollars each month for the TVGuardian feature in cable/satellite, if that is the only way these companies would offer it?
- Basically, include a personal testimonial in your own words. It makes a much bigger impact than a canned response that just includes the points we've suggested.
You can make a huge impact!Please post your personal comments for the FCC at: (starting with your name in No. 3)
bin/websql/prod/ecfs/upload_. v2.hts?ws_mode=proc_name&proc_ id=09-26
Thank you in advance for taking action.
P.S. If interested, here is the link for the complete FCC Notice of Inquiry.