(click image to view larger)
This was interesting to see, so in the future I'll probably try to get data that covers an entire year.
Things to note:
- Contrary to popular belief, far more Independents switched to Republican than Republicans switched to Independent
- Relatively few Republicans switched parties (2,342 Republicans compared to 8,882 Democrats and 4,939 Independents)
- Former Republicans comprise about 48.25% (314) of all registered Libertarians (651 total)
- One voter made at least two registration changes during the last 8 days of March: something/unregistered to Libertarian to Republican. Talk about busy!
- One voter switched from Americans Elect to the GOP (AE is a recognized "political organization" as opposed to a "political party"; why there's a distinction beats me. 12 Oklahomans are registered under Americans Elect, with 5 of them here in Muskogee County).