More OK Legislators Endorse Rubio, Bring Total to 17
The Marco Rubio for President Oklahoma State Chairman, Senator David Holt, has announced the names of three more Republican legislators who are endorsing U.S. Senator Marco Rubio’s candidacy to become the next President of the United States. The three join the 14 other Oklahoma legislators who have already endorsed Rubio, as well as U.S. Representative Markwayne Mullin.
The three new endorsers are Senator Frank Simpson (R - Springer), Rep. Dan Kirby (R - Tulsa), and Rep. Paul Wesselhoft (R - Moore).
“While the Democrats are stuck in the 1990s, Marco Rubio is prepared and ready to lead us into the 21st Century,” said Senator Simpson.
“Senator Marco Rubio is the most effective candidate for President, that is, if we really want to win, and not just make some political statement with another candidate,” said Rep. Wesselhoft.
Said Rep. Kirby, “Marco Rubio has the intelligence, experience and creative new ideas that are needed to move America forward. He is a leader and will be an excellent President."
The full list of 17 Oklahoma legislators and one Oklahoma Congressman who have endorsed Senator Rubio is as follows:
- Senator David Holt (R - Oklahoma City), State Chairman
- U.S. Representative Markwayne Mullin (R)
- Senator Kim David (R - Porter)
- Senator Eddie Fields (R - Wynona)
- Senator Jack Fry (R - Midwest City)
- Senator A.J. Griffin (R - Guthrie)
- Senator Wayne Shaw (R - Grove)
- Senator Frank Simpson (R - Springer)
- Senator Jason Smalley (R - Stroud)
- Senator Roger Thompson (R - Okemah)
- Rep. Josh Cockroft (R - Wanette)
- Rep. Randy Grau (R - Edmond)
- Rep. Katie Henke (R - Tulsa)
- Rep. Dan Kirby (R - Tulsa)
- Rep. Terry O’Donnell (R - Tulsa)
- Rep. Leslie Osborn (R - Mustang)
- Rep. Paul Wesselhoft (R - Moore)
- Rep. Harold Wright (R - Weatherford)
With today’s announcement, Senator Rubio still has more publicly announced endorsements from Oklahoma legislators than any other candidate for President.
Senator Rubio will be a candidate in the March 1st, 2016 Oklahoma Republican presidential primary. Senator Rubio most recently visited the state this Fall, when he paid his respects at the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum and delivered a speech outlining his energy plan. Oklahoma supporters of Senator Rubio’s campaign can receive updates from Senator Rubio's campaign in Oklahoma by following @TeamMarcoOK on Twitter or liking TeamMarcoOK on Facebook.